The Inspired Chaos Love Your Neighbor Scholarship - 2023
Updated: Feb 22
"The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members." -- Coretta Scott King
Three years ago we introduced our "Love Your Neighbor" Scholarship as part of the Inspired Chaos "Love Your Neighbor" Campaign.
We initiated the campaign almost four years ago through the sales of LYN t-shirts, stickers and magnets, donating 100% of the profits to community organizations and projects that promote, enhance and engage kindness in their work to better our regional community. With the help of our patrons, just through this project alone, we’ve been able to donate over $10,000 back into the community, and we are so excited to be able to offer the scholarship for 2023 graduating high school seniors again this year.
Last year, we were blown away by the generous support of our community and were able to award four scholarships to deserving students. These young people impacted the hearts of others so much that they were all nominated multiple times.
The Inspired Chaos "Love Your Neighbor" Scholarship
For the kid who lifts others up when they're feeling low...
For the kid who understands the value of community...
For the kid who cares...
- This $250 scholarship can be put towards books, school supplies, gas, whatever (!), and is open to graduating high school seniors within a 50-mile radius of Inspired Chaos (downtown Berkeley Springs, WV.)
- Submissions will be accepted from February 22, 2023, through April 25, 2023. The awardee will be notified at their Senior Awards Ceremonies or before graduation.
- Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for consideration:
- Senior must hold at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Senior must be nominated by someone other than a family member.
- Senior must have plans for some type of continuing education, military service, or have a job lined up after graduation.
- Please submit responses to the following questions:
(Personal information will be redacted before being given to the independent selection committee who will make their recommendation on the awardee. Jenna and Lori will have no input in the selection process.)
1. Full Name of Student
2. High School/Zip Code if homeschooled
3. Your Relationship to Student
4. Student's Plans for after Graduation
5. 500 words or less on how the Senior you’re nominating betters their community or cares for their peers on their own accord
((Inspired Chaos is... loving your neighbor.))
How can you support this campaign?
Our tees and stickers are available for purchase on our website (www.inspiredchaoswv.com). We had several wonderful anonymous donors request to help sponsor the scholarship. The more funds raised, the more students we can select to be recipients.